How to find your way around the Levi’s women’s jeans cuts.
Levi’s 710, 711, 712…
Levi’s Women’s Jeans fit numbers
From the most skinny to the widest:
- 710 Super skinny: regular waist, very tight hips and thighs, very narrow legs / skinny (hyper stretch)
- 535 Super Skinny: low rise, tight hips and thighs, very narrow legs / skinny (hyper stretch)
- 711 Skinny: normal waist, tight hips and thighs, narrow legs
- 721 High rise skinny: high rise, tight hips and thighs, narrow legs
- 712 Slim: mid rise, fitted hips and thighs, fitted legs
- 312 Shaping slims: regular waist, slimmed hips and thighs, fitted legs
- 714 Straight: Regular fit, fitted hips and thighs, straight legs
- 314 Shaping Straight: Regular fit, slimmed hips and thighs, straight legs
- 414 Relaxed Straight: Regular fit, slightly loose hips and thighs, straight legs
- 715 Bootcut: regular fit, fitted hips and thighs, flared ankles
- 415 Relaxed bootcut: low rise, slightly full hips and thighs, flared ankles
- 501 Boyfriend: derived from 501, flared ankles
- 315 Shaping boocut: normal, slimmed hips and thighs, flared ankles
- 815 Curvy bootcut: regular fit, tapered hips and thighs, flared ankles
See also: Levi’s men’s jeans cuts.
So which Levi’s women’s jeans cuts to choose?
The sexiest is clearly the 710, provided you can fit into it.
Then come the 711 and 712, very tight… And then the 714.
After choosing the cut, don’t be mistaken about the size
The best is to try them on… because the size can vary from one fabric to another depending on the composition and especially the percentage of elastane mixed with cotton. There can be easily 1 size (or even 2) difference between two same numbers. And on the super skinny and skinny, as much to say that a half-size counts enormously.
Low rise, regular rise or high rise: what to choose?
A low waist fits more easily to everyone (especially if you have a big difference between the hip and waist size). On the other hand, it is less shaping, and allows to see your thong.
A normal or half-high waistline draws more the silhouette, gives a shapely effect to the buttocks, and lengthens the legs even more. It can also help to sheath the stomach. It is also more comfortable and does not descend.
How to shrink a pair of jeans?
Once you buy your jeans, the waist will not move (nor the length) because the jeans are treated so that the fabric does not shrink: the cotton is heated before weaving (it is said to be sanforized). So, no bad surprise, or deformation to expect.
But, if you find the cut or the size too large, and you heat the jeans, they will shrink just when they come out of the machine, then they will shrink again, and will find their normal size. You won’t have gained anything… You will have just damaged your jeans. So don’t get the wrong size; try it on first.
How to make your jeans last?
In the long run, and with each washing, the color will lighten according to the temperature in the machine: the hotter you wash, the lighter the color will be; that’s why it’s better to wash cold and never exceed 30° if you want to keep its original color.